Date - 5 July 2022
Southern Queensland Rural Health are sponsoring a small group of University of Queensland and University of Southern Queensland nursing, midwifery and allied health students to attend the 16th National Rural Health Conference at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre from Tuesday August 2 to 4.
The National Rural Health Conference is the pre-eminent event in Australia for information and inspiration about rural and remote health and wellbeing.
The conference is a fantastic opportunity to network, build connections and hear from eminent keynote speakers from all disciplines across a wide range of key issues such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and wellbeing, alternative funding models, digital health and high speed broadband, mental health, social and emotional wellbeing, people in new places, remote health issues (Island based health) and men’s and women’s health.
If you are interested in expanding your horizons and learning about how you can make an impact on the health and wellbeing of people who live and work in rural or remote areas, this conference is for you.
Sponsorship includes conference registration, conference dinner and accommodation.
The application process has now closed. The selected students will be contacted shortly.
UQ Promotional Games
Terms and Conditions (Games of Skill)
1. By entering this promotion, you accept these Terms and Conditions.
2. Instructions and information on how to enter this promotion form part of these Terms and Conditions.
3. The promoter is The University of Queensland (ABN 63 942 912 684) of St Lucia, Queensland, 4072 (“Promoter”).
4. To be eligible to enter this promotion, you must:
(a) be a University of Queensland or University of Southern Queensland student
How to enter
5. Entry will be open from [09:00] AEST on [05/07/2022] and closes at [23:59] AEST on [13/07/2022] (“Entry Period”). Entries received outside of the Entry Period will not be accepted.
6. To enter, you must, during the Entry Period:
(a) visit sqrh.com.au and fully complete the online entry form, including full name, address, email address, telephone number]; and
(b) submit a response in 100 words or less to the following question: [how would attending the conference benefit your future career intentions.]
7. You will receive one entry into the promotion by performing the activities listed in clause 6. You may not enter the promotion more than once.
8. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
9. This promotion is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winners.
10. All valid entries will be judged individually on their merits. The entries that are judged to be the most thoughtful will be the winner.
11. Judging will take place at 9am AEST on [15/07/22] at Baillie Henderson Hospital, Toowoomba. Entries will be judged by Geoff Argus and Nicola Cotter of the Senior Leadership team of Southern Queensland Rural Health.
12. The Promoter may decline to accept any entry which, in its reasonable opinion, does not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
13. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the promotion is final and the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence regarding the result of the promotion.
Prize and notification of winners
14. The winner will receive one ticket registration to the conference, valued at $945 + accommodation for two evenings.
15. Prizes are not transferable and cannot be taken as cash.
16. The winner will be contacted by email using the email address provided on their entry form] on or by [19/07/2022]. The results will not be published, but the winning students may be photographed and published for promotional purposes, upon signing the photo consent form.
17. To claim the prize, the winner must reply to the email with their phone number and delivery address. The prize must be claimed by 22/07/22 being a reasonable period after the winner is contacted.
18. If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner by 22/07/22 being a reasonable period after the judging to enable the winner to be found, that winner will forfeit the prize and the prize may be awarded to the next best entry (as determined by the judges). The new winner will be contacted by [by email using the email address provided on their entry form] on or by [23/07/2022].
19. The prize will be delivered to the winner by email within two days after the prize being claimed.
20. If any prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
21. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise for any prize.
22. You confirm and promise that your entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. You agree that the Promoter has an unrestricted, irrevocable, transferable, right and licence to use and modify your entry including for promotional purposes without the payment of any further fee or compensation or further reference to you, and that the Promoter can authorise other people to do any of these things. If requested by the Promoter, you agree to sign any further documentation required by the Promoter to give effect to this arrangement. To the extent permitted by law, you unconditionally and irrevocably consent to the Promoter modifying your entry as described in this clause, agree that the Promoter is not required to attribute you as author of the entry, and consent to any other act or omission that would otherwise infringe any moral rights in your entry.
Withdrawal from promotion
23. You may withdraw from the promotion at any time before notification of the winners by notifying the Promoter at sqrh.com.au. If you withdraw from the promotion, the Promoter will remove your entry and will not use your details or entry for media or promotional purposes. If you withdraw from the promotion, you will no longer be eligible to win a prize.
24. Entries which, in the opinion of the Promoter, are incomplete, incorrect or incomprehensible, contain defamatory or offensive content or infringe intellectual property rights are not eligible to win and may be removed from the promotion and the relevant entrant will be disqualified.
25. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, disqualify you if, in the opinion of the Promoter, you breach these Terms and Conditions, engage in dishonest or unethical conduct in relation to the promotion, manipulate, tamper or interfere with the conduct of the promotion, do not comply with the entry process, or conspire with others to gain an unfair advantage. The Promoter may investigate the matter if it suspects you of having engaged in such breach or conduct.
26. The Promoter may request information from you relevant to entry or participation in the promotion, such as proof of residency or age. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, disqualify you if you provide insufficient information, false information or fail to provide information.
27. The Promoter is not responsible for any late, lost or misdirected entries.
28. The Promoter is not responsible for any delays, problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, computer equipment or software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from entering this promotion. If such problems arise, then the Promoter may modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the promotion.
29. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss) resulting from this promotion, including the taking of prizes.
30. If, for any reason, this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
31. All costs associated with entering the promotion are your responsibility.
32. You acknowledge that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter or any other social media platform.
33. You acknowledge that any information that you provide in connection with this promotion is provided to the Promoter and not to Facebook, Twitter or other social media platform.
34. You must release Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms and their associated companies from all liability arising in respect of the promotion.]